Friday, December 23, 2011

Gingerbread baking as aquantum phenomenon

Baking gingerbread is a christmas tradition in where I come from. Now a very peculiar thing happened to me while my wife was doing that, and it made me wonder the true spirit of the event. See, my wife put the gingerbread into the oven and asked me to wath that it does not burn. I wanted to clarify some things about it, so I asked her that is she sure that wathing will prevent it from burning. So I did what was told. I wathed, and she was right, the gingerbread did not burn. During the next round I found an interesting newspaper article, and forgot to look. The gingerbread ended up black.

I am amazed! This means two things. First of all, baking gingerbread in our kitchen oven must be a true quantum phenomenon. This alone is extremely surprising. But not only that, also it means the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, presented by Bohr and fellows (and which is nowadays considered as old-fashioned and misleading) has been proven right using a real-life experiment!


No comments:

Post a Comment